Mommy and Drew had some friends over yesterday. It was good to see Krista, Abby &Austin, Amy, Matthew & Megan, and Shawn & Sofia. It gave me some much needed adult talk, and it gave Drew some buddies to share his toys with besides the dog! It is amazing to me that Drew, Austin and Megan will all be in the same grade, they seem so far apart in age right now. Austin just snuggles in the swing and it quite content. Megan is just about to start crawling and is rolling over like crazy, and Drew of course is all over the place pulling up on everything. I L.O.V.E. staying home with Drew and would not trade it for the world...but some days do get lonely and tiring. I definitely know that I made the right decision for our family by being home. By now Drew has grown tired of all his toys and wants to play with everything that he can't have. We spend most of our afternoons going from pulling up on the coffee table to the picture frames that he can't have and back to the coffee table. I used to feel guilty when I would go out everyday to run some sort of errand, but I think that is keeping us both from going crazy right now! We are busy most days but even the couple hours in the afternoon is getting to be a lot of time in the house! Will was going to stop at the grocery store on his way home yesterday but late afternoon I decided to volunteer Drew and myself so we could get out for a few minutes, and I wanted daddy home A.S.A.P.! Yesterday was the first day in over 9 months that Will walked in the door and I was VERY ready to hand over the parenting duties! I don't know how single parents handle it. 

Drew & Megan

Sweet Baby Austin
Ohhhh...I'm with ya! I can relate to all of it...lonely and tired some days, having to get out at least once a day, the "long" (2 hr) afternoons between nap being over and dinner time, only wanting the things he can't have, volunteering to take Sam and run to the store for just 30 minutes of entertainment, calling John to ask when he'll be home...I feel ya! Every bit of it! :)
ReplyDelete