This has been one of those weeks where Drew just continues to amaze me...ok, he amazes me every week-but this week he has been such a big boy! Monday when I went to go get him when he was waking from a nap, he was sitting up in his crib! This was the first time he has gotten from laying down to sitting up on his own! He also pulled up on the living room table all by himself for the first time-ugh-I am not ready to move all my decorations off tables-but I guess I must...He is still doing the good ole' Army crawl for the most part, especially when he wants to get somewhere quick-but he is now getting up on those hands and knees a lot more. It is so cute to watch him set out to get something, he gets this very excited look on his face and opens his mouth wide, and then sets off to get what he has set his eyes on. He has been teething again, which means he has not been sleeping through every night. I am not ready for the "cry it out" in the middle of the night, so I continue to nurse him when he wakes-and then everyone is happy because we are all back in bed sleeping in about 10 minutes. I will continue this until 9 months (oh no, that only means 2 more weeks, Ahhhhhhh!!!!) because the sleep book that I have read and believe in (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth) says that is the appropriate age to stop nursing in the middle of the night. My pediatrician (whom I just love) told me at 6 months that he didn't nutrionally need it anymore but life is too short and this is my time with Drew and I am doing what makes us both happy right now. So hopefully that bottom left tooth will come in soon!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the picture with Drew in the hat! It was so great to see you and Drew! I am so glad we were able to get together.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great that he can sit now from lying down...I remember Sam being VERY frustrated trying to learn to do that!
ReplyDelete