Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

4th of July

Happy 4th of July! If you are here in TX, good luck with your BBQ's and firework plans. We continue to get pounded by rain and thunderstorms. The lake we usually go to is closed because of the high waters, so we will be cooking out at our house and trying to stay dry. It may be a repeat of 4th of July last year with Will grilling in the garage because of the rain. I don't think we have seen this much rain in our 9 years in this state. It has been absolutely crazy how wet it has been. Will is very excited that we will be skipping fireworks. I just don't think it is worth throwing Drew's whole routine off, when I doubt he would enjoy them yet anyway. If the rain holds off for any fireworks shows, we would be getting eaten alive by the millions of mosquitoes that have been breeding anyway! I know my family & I will take some time today to remember all our troops serving overseas defending this great land. I am proud to be an American and will be flying our red, white and blue high (if it's not pouring). Happy Birthday America!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love how creative you are with your pictures!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just love this blog. May God bless our troops and also the Barresi family whom we love so dearly.

    ReplyDelete