Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Friday, June 13, 2008

10 Years Ago Today...


June 13, 1998 Will and I were married. It was a whirlwind month for us. I graduated May 23rd, he graduated from West Point May 30th, and we were married 2 weeks later. 2 days after we got back from our honeymoon to Antigua, we drove to Texas...in a jeep...with no air conditioning...! whew, what a trip! oh, and his soft top was starting to rip off the front windshield, so we would stop on the side of the highway and fix it every so often, F-U-N!

It has been an amazing 10 years as I reflect back on our married life here in TX. We always thought we would move back to MA when it came time to have children, but you see- we now consider TX our home. Life has been good to us here and we plan to stay!

This year we were supposed to upgrade our wedding bands in honor of the big 10 year anniversary...but...we decided to build a house instead! no moola for bling bling this anniversary. Drew and I met him for lunch today and Will and I have a babysitter (aka: Aunt Rachael) tomorrow night so we can enjoy a nice dinner out. Rachael offered to keep Drew for the night, but Will wanted Drew to be home for Father's day morning. (he's crazy if you ask me!)

so...

In honor of our 10 year anniversary, here are 10 things I love about Will and our marriage:

1. I love how much Will loves me and cares about my feelings. I truly believe him when he tells me that he thinks about us in everything he does.

2. I love how hardworking he is and how he takes care of our family. I know this can be a stressful burden on him at times, but I sure do appreciate being able to stay home with my babies.

3. I love what a great father he is. I mean, I always knew he would be. He was so instinctual from the very first day we brought Drew home. I could never have made it through those beginning months without him!

4. I love that he is more patient than I am. If I am frustrated looking for something in a closet, he will come calmly find it for me. If he weren't as patient with me, we would have a lot more arguments. Hopefully our next child will get some of his patience because Drew certainly has not :(

5. I love that he doesn't mind making phone calls. We actually have a new rule that he makes all phone calls and I fill out all forms. This has become quite handy while building/selling a house!!!

6. I love that he handles all our bills/budgets/finances. I sure do like to spend money, but can't stand keeping up with all the financial details.

7. I love how supportive he is of me. If I want to take a photography class, he tells me to go for it and how great I will be at it. He tells me I look good, even when it is apparent I never lost all my baby weight from Drew (and forget how I look now that I am pregnant again!)

8. I love that Will never makes me feel guilty when he comes home from work and the house is a mess, dinner isn't ready and I hand Drew over because it has been "one of those days".
9. I love that Will completely accepts me for who I am...faults and all.
10. I love that I found my soul mate when I was just 15 years old. Will and I sure have done a lot of growing together over the past 15 years!
I love you Will, Happy 10th Anniversary!

3 comments: