Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nikon vs. Canon

As some of you know, I made the switch from my Canon Rebel to the Nikon D90 a couple months ago. I was.not.happy with my Canon lens (the primary zoom that I used) and was looking to upgrade. A good friend who is also a Canon user had the same lens and also was not happy with it. She ended up getting a great new Canon lens, but spent about $1,000 on it. My other "nikon friend" had let us use her Nikon D50 in the delivery room and I thought her "kit lens" photos rivaled any Canon shots I had been seeing. That was the primary reason I decided to make the switch, before I invested some serious money on another Canon lens. I definitely think I am getting better SOTC (straight out of the camera) shots with my Nikon and more color pop without the editing. It seems to do soooo much better in low light than my Canon did as well. So far I am happy I made the switch. (I better be, because after spending $900 on the body and another $630 on the lens, there is NO WAY I am ever switching back) I also just got my prime lens (comparable to the Canon prime lens I used and loved) I think both prime lenses are great. Now that I have a 35mm instead of the 50mm Canon, I might be able to leave it on the camera more...here are a couple of the first shots with it today.






2 comments:

  1. Great great pics! If you ever need more practice...I have 2 models who would love to pose for you!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! I love the first one of Camden! She looks precious! And I can't believe how big Drew looks!

    ReplyDelete