Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 Months Old!



Camden-
Seriously? Am I seriously sitting down to write your 6 month update? The time continues to go so quickly watching you turn into a big girl! Let's see...lots of changes this past month.
You had cereal for the first time on March 27th. I was planning to wait a little longer, but after a bad episode of reflux/gas, it was Dr. R's next offered solution since you have been on prevacid and lately it doesn't seem to be helping you. I can't say that the cereal has really helped your reflux but you are getting better at keeping it in your mouth and not spitting it all out. You get 2 Tbs. of cereal each evening and what ever milk we have left over you get in a bottle. You do well with the bottle now that you are getting one most evenings. We are about to start doing cereal in the mornings this weekend too, then on to veggies!
Last week we attempted to have you start napping in your crib upstairs, now that your room is finally complete. Let's just say that the first day did.not.go.well! I think part of the problem was that I was not swaddling you, and you didn't really go for that! I checked with Dr. R and he said swaddling you still is not a problem, so the next day we tried nap in the crib swaddled, and you did great :) Now you are taking 2-3 naps in there each day and it is the only place you are napping. I re-read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" to get us going on more of a sleep routine and luckily having mommy brush up on her reading has got us off to a great start! You now take your AM nap at 9 (or a little before) and nap for about 90 minutes (exactly what Drew was doing at this age). Then I can usually hold you until about 12:30 for your next nap which lasts about 2 hours. Some evenings you like to have a 3rd short nap (45 min-1 hour) before dinner to help us get till bedtime. You even wake up during naps and get yourself back to sleep. Big progress girl! Last night you did great, only waking once at 3:30am to feed and then slept again till 7, but some nights your reflux has you uncomfortable and wanting to nurse for comfort...so yes, you are still sleeping in our room in your bassinet! Last week you slept through from 10pm-7am, it had taken us till 10pm to get you to sleep because your tummy was bothering you so much :( We are nursing about 4 times a day now and once during the night. Usually around 7:30am, 10:30am, 2:30pm and around 6:30pm before bed.
Mommy had you at the doc last week because you had your very first fever (and you got tylenol for the first time because of it). Luckily, it is just teething. You are eating your hands all the time, and tugging at those ears. Dr. R said your eyes are definitely turning brown.
Mommy switched paci's for you this past week. I wanted to get some paci clips and the soothies are sort of a pain with those...Also, you were still using the newborn soothies because you didn't really go for the 3 month + ones which are a lot firmer, so we really needed to switch paci's anyway. I tried the Mam for 1 day and you did ok with it, then we tried the Nuk and you did really well with that one, so we stuck with it and bought you some more. Now you love your nuk and your pink lovey when you are tired. It seems to stay in your mouth a lot better during naps.
You love playing with Drew. Anything he does, you smile at. I had him help me with some of your 6 month photos because he does so great at getting you happy!
We love you lil' sissy!



4 comments:

  1. I love her outfit in the first pic! One day she is going to kill you for sharing her gas problems with the world! :) Ha! Hard to believe our babies are growing up so fast. She is adorable. I am loving the bows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet- love all the pics of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks so much like you!! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Camden is such a doll! I love the number idea so much I copied you. :) I bought unfinished wood numbers at Hobby Lobby and painted and modge podge them to match Lauren's outfits. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete