Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Like Mother, Like Son




This summer when I took this picture of Drew, it reminded me so much of the picture of me in my crib as a baby. It has just taken me this long to scan it and get it on the computer. (in my defense, our old scanner didn't work and we had to purchase a new one!!). Anyway, this week we are just getting ready for Drew's big day next weekend. Tonight I am putting together the goodie bags and working on his slideshow.
Today we were over my friend Krista's house for a playdate and Drew was standing on his own when I looked over at him. He was playing at the activity table but had a toy in his hands and he kept letting go to hold the toy. It was the longest he has stood on his own!!! He was also taking some steps while pushing the walker, wow! We are still progressing to all solid foods. Tonight he did great with meat sticks (yuck, I know...but he loves them!) cheese, sweet potatoes and yogurt for dinner. I also just learned that Drew should be off the bottle by 1 year (HELLO clueless mommy!!!!!). We might be a little late on that. I just don't see Drew drinking all his milk from a cup yet. He does well with a sippy cup and I recently got him cups with straws that he doesn't have to lean back to drink out of and he loves those! But I also don't want to give up our night time ba ba snuggle time yet! Ah, bittersweet that this year of firsts is over.

3 comments:

  1. Johnathan still had a night-time bottle until 14 months. Don't worry about it. it will happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures! That is really sweet and he does look like his MaMa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to see those pictures together--and Drew sure looks like his mommy in that picture. Very very cute.
    Love, Grammy M.

    ReplyDelete