Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Monday, September 10, 2007

Relaxing Weekend

Playing at Sam's birthday party.

We had a nice relaxing weekend even with 2 birthday parties to attend! I had already gotten the gifts and wrapped them before Friday even came, which made things really nice. We had Sam's 1st birthday party and Amanda's 4th birthday party, both on Saturday. We have been playing with Sam since the boys were born. I remember getting text messages the day before my baby shower in MA that Jen was having Sam, 2 1/2 weeks early. Little did I know I would also be having my baby 2 1/2 weeks early! We have known Amanda since she was born too. She used to be our neighbor, but now lives just down the street about a mile. Her little sister is 5 months younger than Drew.


Are you done in there yet mommy???


We have decided to turn our front living room into a playroom for Drew. I didn't realize that we would need one so soon. I am happy to give up that front room though, it really is a waste of space for us. But I wasn't planning on having to decorate a playroom so soon! I have some ideas already though, thanks to friends who have cute playrooms already! (I have to steal their creative ideas, because I don't have any of my own!) We have already sold the love seat and chair that are in there, and we are going to keep the couch. We are also going to gate it off so Drew can stay IN and Guinness can stay OUT and we don't have to worry about toys being left on the floor and ending up in the dogs' mouth! Not ideal to have the playroom be the room that everyone sees when they first walk in our house, but it will have to work while we are in this house.

Trying to get daddy's breakfast.

Watching the rain out the front door.
















2 comments:

  1. I L-O-V-E the bathroom/shower pic...that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of him in front of the shower too! It is a classic baby picture! That is exactly where Kate is if I do not shower before she wakes up.

    ReplyDelete