Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Christmas Trees in August

I can not believe that fall decorations are already being pushed to the back of the shelves to make room for Christmas decorations. We went out yesterday to look for some "pumpkin" themed items for Drew's 1st birthday party in October. I thought I was SO ahead of the game, it only being August and all.....well, I was wrong! Seriously, I can't even think of what I will need for fall decorations when it is 101 degrees outside and we are practically melting walking back to the car. Nevermind being able to think about what I will need for Christmas!!! So I had to quickly get my holiday hat on yesterday and we did indeed buy some pumpkin "stuff" (pumpkin goodie bags, pumpkin cupcake molds, pumpkin cookie cutters) for Drew's birthday and even a small Christmas tree in a santa boot for our table. I just want to enjoy this last month of summer, but instead I better start shopping for holiday decorations!

1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad to hear we have decorations for Drew's party because the Mastin's wouldn't miss it for the world! Love, Grammy, Uncle Brian and Uncle Sean

    ReplyDelete