Ok- so here are six random thoughts/quirks/habits about me.
1. I really like a clean house and I don't feel like it's clean unless I clean the entire place at one time. I can't wash floors one day, dust the next day, etc. It all has to be at once. I, of course, have modified this a bit since having Drew. Now I clean the entire upstairs one week and then the entire downstairs the next week, with some cleaning inbetween.
2. I love to snuggle with this old blanket that I took from my mom's house when I moved out. It is brown and has a huge lion or something on it. Will makes fun of me all the time because I play with the ends of it with my fingers. I used to suck my thumb as a kid and loved playing with the ends of blankets, cotton balls, or anything soft. Yes, I have given up the thumb sucking, but I guess not the blanket fetish.
3. I have a huge fear of fish! I can't stand to swim in lakes or the ocean when I can see them. I don't like the taste, the texture, or the thought of those slimy, scaly things coming anywhere near me!
4. I can't wait to give birth again! I don't look forward to the crazy nausea like I had with Drew or the uncomfortable nights sleeping...but I can not wait for that special day again. I just think it is the most amazing day(s) of your life. The waiting and anticipating for this special being to come into your world, and then this immediate connection with this tiny baby who loves you and needs you for everything. Wow.
5. I am a horrible shopper. I usually buy things to bring them home to contemplate over my decision on what size, color, or what ever to keep or return. I just went to Janie & Jack to buy Drew a sweater and I bought it in 2 different sizes. I just COULD. NOT. make the decision IN the store on what one he needed. So I have them both here and will try them on and think about it a little more, and then return one of them. I AM good about returning one of them though, I don't ever just keep both things.
6. I am totally addicted to email and the blog world. I am just not good about picking up the phone to stay in touch with friends. I love my friends who understand that about me. I may think about the person all week long and still not pick up the phone. I am trying to get better about this, but email and blogs keep me so connected with all my friends who have equally as busy lives.
WOW, I feel like a total freak after reading those!
Kimberly, I am so sorry it took me so long to do this! I now tag Jen!
Great quirks! I always have to have a blanket whenever I'm on the couch watching TV. Of course any blanket will do. And the more kids I had, the less I cared about a clean house. I cared about my sanity much more!
ReplyDeleteHehe! Fun! I'll get on that during nap times...funny that we have some similar quirks. Love childbirth and terrible about picking up the phone. OK...six quirks/random habits...I'll start thinking.
ReplyDeleteYOU FREAK! Just kidding!!!! Love the quirks. I am so glad that we have blogging to keep us close when we are so so far away!
ReplyDeletep.s. I love the whole pregnancy and anticipation thing too! It is the most exciting time. And I just love hearing birthing stories....can't wait to hear your next one!