Today started off ok. Drew and I went to a friend's house so we could work out and each take turns watching the boys. Drew napped like a CHAMP in Austin's crib, he really IS such a good baby.
We got home, he napped, I had lunch and tried to do more of my Christmas scrapping (Christmas 2006 that is.) He woke from his nap, we came downstairs for a snack, cookies and milk (Tom Thumb organic mini chocolate chip cookies...SO good I ate the rest of the bag and had to go buy Drew more tonight...when I was making a beer/pizza run...NO, I was not cooking after what I am about to tell you...) I go upstairs to shower....that was the last good moment of the day...
I look over the banister for what ever reason...and I notice that there is water ALL over the carpet outside our downstairs bathroom. I grab Drew, who is only in a diaper and t-shirt, run downstairs to see the toilet overflowing, the bathroom floor filled with water and waste and the carpets soaked! For those of you who remember, this happened to us in December 2005 right before Will's 30th birthday party to be held at our house. Normally I would go into freak mode, but I bought some black plastic, and decorated our non-carpeted, concrete floor with glittery 30's and made the best of it. I just CAN NOT believe this has happened to us again.
Luckily Will was just about home from work, so I got to have him do all the clean up. hee hee.
So we called the insurance company ( we love you USAA, please don't drop us!). The crew cut up half the carpet in the living room, hallway, closet and Drew's playroom (same rooms that were damaged last round) While they were here, I did dishes and it backed up in the bathroom all over again, ugh! The plumber is here now, and said that it is tree roots that are growing into our pipes outside and causing the back up.
So, now we get to deal with the 4 commercial size fans and 2 dehumidifiers that are downstairs for the next few days while our walls dry out. I don't even know how Drew has SLEPT through this entire ordeal and the fans that are practically blowing the walls down directly below his bedroom! Then we get to shop for carpet AGAIN! Have the baseboards and door trim painted that are now peeling and try to keep Drew upstairs until this is all taken care of. what friggin fun! This time we will NOT be spending more of our own money to upgrade carpets, I want to put in some cheap shit and move!
Silver Linings=
Thank you lord that this didn't happen before Drew's 1st birthday party.
Thank you lord that we got through the holidays this time before this happened.
and to think that I keep saying that in the next house I want lots of TREES in the backyard...hmmm, do I really?
wet carpet outside bathroom

loud, loud fans!


clogged pipe outside

roots that were in the pipes.
Man, that really stinks!!! Good luck keeping Drew away from everything. What a pain!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I can't believe that happened again!
ReplyDeleteHi Rachael!!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to tell you thanks for saying "hi". It's nice to "meet" you!! Your little boy is just precious! Drew was one of my boy names if I ever had one, well you know how that turned out...
Anyway, good luck with this mess, NO FUN!! So sorry you are having to deal with that!