Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

They Grow So Fast

Babies...they really do grow SO fast. It's one of those clichés that you just don't understand until you become a parent. Drew has been sitting up well since Memorial Day weekend and is just starting to scoot around to get where he wants to go. Since about 7 months, he has been sleeping on his tummy. There was a little transition time there when he was learning to roll to his tummy, that I would have to go flip him over to his back to get him to go to sleep. Now, he absolutely loves sleeping on his tummy! He has been sleeping through the night for the past couple weeks. Last night we put him down at 6:30 (without nursing....he just WOULD.NOT.NURSE!) and he didn't get up until 7:40 this morning...I don't think either of us woke all night...=Happy Mommy! He has been doing lots of babbling, I hate to admit it, but it is mostly da, da, da sounds. There are some ma, and ya sounds in there too. Our big news this week is that he is FINALLY cutting his first tooth. I say finally because I have been saying that he has been teething now for well over a month. It is his bottom right (left to us) tooth that is coming through. I noticed a slit in his gum 2 days ago and yesterday Will and I could feel that sharp little tooth poking through and could see a little white. Today feels about the same, Drew has not let mommy look in there yet though!

2 comments:

  1. Time really does fly when you have kids. Katie will be one year next month! Glad you are getting some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, Rachael--glad to see you are posting photos now! Will, what is going on with your job?!

    Can't wait to see you all SOMETIME...next year I suppose.

    JB

    ReplyDelete