Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Updates!

Wow-seems like forever since I have updated on the kids! Today we had their 4 and 2 year well checks with Dr. R. Drew had to go pee pee in a cup and he did great! Drew also was such a big boy letting Dr. R check him all out today. Drew had to balance on each foot, walk on his tippy toes and on his heels. I am glad I asked about Drew still not wanting to poop on the potty because we were starting to get a bit impatient about it around here. Dr. R said it is completely normal and I should not be making him feel pressured about it, to just continue encouraging and praising him... I guess making him scream as I throw him on the potty isn't the way to work through this after all!

Drew did great on the little 'test' that he had to do. Identifying 4 colors, identifying which line was smaller out of two lines, drawing a circle, an X and answering some questions. Some quesions that Dr. R asked were:
Dr.- "what do you do when you are tired"
D-"i go to sleep"

Dr.-"what do you do when you are hungry"
D-"I eat"

Dr.-"what do you do when you are cold"
D-"I warm up"!!! this one just makes me laugh!

Dr. R was impressed at how well Drew held his pencil and said that Drew was going to have no difficulty in school. Especially because he is a fall baby, he will be tall and smart for his class! Dr. R thought socialization would be where Drew might have a harder time, BUT then I told him how his teacher told me yesterday that Drew is very social in class, would prefer to play with the girls and how he is the ladies' man in his class!!!! Apparantly a few girls are going home talking to their parents about my cute lil' man!
Drew was 42" tall (70th%) and 38 lbs (50th%). Drew could have gotten 4 vaccines but since he is not starting kinder next fall, we are able to space them out a little more and only gave him two.


Sweet Camden did a great job at her appt. too. No fancy tests for her just mom/dad talking to the doc about how -yes, she can throw a ball, no she can't run or walk backwards yet, and how she is still a good sleeper :)
Camden has been a bit delayed in her milestones but we have seen some great progress lately! She has been cruising the furniture for the past couple months, she started crawling this week (she has been scooting for several months but refused to get on her hands and knees) and she is now taking 4-5 steps after we stand her up! She is making great progress and we think we will have a walker here soon! She is our little 'tornado' here at home. I close the shutters on all the windows and Camden goes around and opens them all back up. I leave the fridge open for a second and she is lifting the juice bottles out of the bottom shelf. She is destructive and into everything including my make up when I am not watching! She recently started signing 'more' and tells us 'all done' when she is done with juice, etc.

She is our little peanut at 33 inches (10th%) and 25 lbs (25%). We have been on a delayed vaccine schedule, so today she got her first MMR and we held off on the others till next fall. I love that my pedi doesn't mind going slow with the shots!

1 comment: