Your children will become what you are, so be what you want them to be~David Bly

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Drew Is FOUR!


Four years ago, I became a mom to this precious little boy. Drew, you have blessed our lives beyond measure. You are amazing in so many ways. You are such a smart little guy and you are loving school this year. You really like your teacher and everyday when I pick you up and ask you how your day was- you tell me "It was so, so great". It makes mommy so happy to know that you are loved on and cared for during your school day and that you are having fun and learning. Your teacher tells me quite often what a bright little boy you are, and how she is impressed with the work you are doing.
You are a great big brother. You are always so proud of Camden when she accomplishes something new and you are really sweet with her. When the two of you go to bed, you tell her in the sweetest voice "I'll see you when you wake up, you'll see me when I wake up". I think it is just the cutest!
Some of your favorite things to play with these days are dinosaurs, astronauts, space ships, drawing with a pencil and a pad of paper, coloring and painting. You also LOVE snuggling in our bed with a movie and popcorn on nights that we let you skip reading books in your bed. You also like to sleep in our bed all.the.time. It started because you were having bad dreams and would come down in the middle of the night to snuggle inbetween us-now I think it might be more out of habit...although you are still blaming the bad dreams. Mommy put your sleeping bag underneath our bed and now if you come down, you have to sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed. (sorry buddy, but since you kicked me in the mouth last time you slept with us, and now I need a root canal-I'm just a bit hesitant to let you sleep with us anymore!!!)You are getting so big...and lately I have realized that I am so thankful that you are a fall baby...if not, you would be going to kindergarten next year...and I am definitely not ready for that.
I love dancing and singing in the car with you. I love dancing in our living room with you. I love doing our prayers together at night. I love watching you draw. I love listening to you sing. I love tucking you in at night. I love playing games with you. I love reading with you. I love going to the park with you. I love being at home with you. I love being your mommy!
Happy 4th Birthday!!!
I love you Drew.
love,
mommy

(drew on 3rd birthday)

No comments:

Post a Comment