Today Drew is half way to his 4th birthday. I, like all mothers, remember so vividly the day he was born. I also remember what life was like before him. It was good...less hectic, cleaner, more organized... but so, so much less fulfilling. I don't ever want to imagine life without him (or his sister) again. Drew is an amazing kid. He's becoming much more independent these days, loves to help with just about everything. Sometimes he truly is helpful, throwing away diapers, carrying toys upstairs, cleaning up toys. Other times it makes simple tasks take a bit longer as I teach him how to pour juice without spilling, put laundry into the washing machine, or how to put toothpaste on his toothbrush. He can get himself dressed most of the time, puts on (and buckles) his own flipflops (and has since last summer). Halfway buckles himself into his carseat. Brushes his own teeth (which I finish after he is done)... He is just plain big! He can write his name and will also spell it out with the magnets on the fridge. He is becoming a more detailed drawer. He is getting very good at riding his big boy bike and his scooter. He still loves all things boy, cars, trucks, planes, balls, tools. He LOVES watching moomies (movies) in the car and at home, and unfortunately chooses a movie/show over books whenever given the opportunity. For the last few weeks he has started coming downstairs in the mornings and after nap. If he gets up before Camden in the morning, I put on a show and get him some juice in the living room and I climb back in bed, feels so weird!
He informed me tonight that he wants his 4th birthday to be dinosaur themed...
Happy half birthday Drew, we love you!
Rach..the girls are going to be chasing him! He is amazingly cute, not a surprise between you and Will though :)
ReplyDelete~Ida Mae
cutie! i can't believe our boys are getting so old! sniff sniff
ReplyDelete