Camden-
Sweet girl, wow 8 months old!
Very shortly after I wrote your 7 month update, we decided it was time for you to start sleeping in your crib. That meant a few nights of crying it out, AKA: Ferber. May 28th we put you in your crib to sleep for the first time. We let you cry for 10 minutes before going up to give you the paci and sooth you. You cried for 20 minutes, but then woke 30 minutes later and cried for another 20 minutes (again: only 10 minutes at a time). After that, you did great. The second night was a little tougher for you (and mommy went to music on the green and left daddy home to listen to the crying...and it was exactly what we needed!) Daddy said you cried for 70 minutes (so 7 paci plug ins)= no fun. but... by the 3rd night you slept from 7:30pm-6:30am and only woke twice, BUT, you got yourself back to sleep :) It was a rough couple weeks going upstairs in the middle of the night to nurse and plug in your paci, but now you sleep through most nights and don't get up until around 7am and we are no longer nursing in the night, yahoo! It feels so freeing to have our bedroom back! No more tip toeing in to get ready for bed, and now we get to watch TV at night in bed again! :)
You are starting to like solid food more and more. Still doing the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner and now we have added in a bottle of juice in the late afternoon.
You are finally sitting confidently. I think it is because you like to have such good posture instead of leaning forward for support that it took you so long to sit without toppling over! You still spit up a ton, but it doesn't seem to bother you as much as it used to. Mommy is still staying away from dairy, as it seems to make you spit up even more. I am really craving some ice cream and will indulge big time when you turn 1 and we are no longer nursing. (assuming we make it to 1 year...I quit with Drew around 10 1/2 months)
This past month daddy had his first father's day with you. You were a trooper as we spent our morning at the Dallas World Aquarium and you had to nap on the go. Mommy usually tries to be home each day for both your naps. I thought as a second child you would have to nap in the car more, but I really like the routine for you and it gives me time to get ready to leave the house. There will be enough juggling of naps in the fall when we are driving Drew to/from "school" two mornings/afternoons a week.
This past month daddy had his first father's day with you. You were a trooper as we spent our morning at the Dallas World Aquarium and you had to nap on the go. Mommy usually tries to be home each day for both your naps. I thought as a second child you would have to nap in the car more, but I really like the routine for you and it gives me time to get ready to leave the house. There will be enough juggling of naps in the fall when we are driving Drew to/from "school" two mornings/afternoons a week.
You and Drew are super cute together and you love playing with him. I recently started to play with the video portion of my camera, so that will be fun catching the two of you in action together :)
We love you sweet girl, you complete us! (I think!)
Love, Mommy
helping Guinness unwrap her birthday treats
summertime fun at the Lantana spray park
father's day at the aquarium

8 months old!

What a cutie! Great pictures as always!
ReplyDeleteCUTIE! She's getting a lot more hair...I see a ponytail in her near future! How fun!
ReplyDelete