We had our 12 week sono yesterday...at my appt a couple weeks ago with my OB, he measured the heartbeat and it was 164, he said "pretty high, might be a girl"...I didn't think too much of it because at 8 weeks Drew's rate was 165. Then yesterday the first tech that was doing my ultrasound got the heartbeat and it was 158 and she too said "pretty high, maybe it's a girl"...so at this point I am starting to think it just might be a baby girl inside there, then the other tech Janet came in to do the genetic screening portion, and she had previously told a friend who goes to the same practice that she was about 90% accurate at determining the gender at the 12 week stage 2 sonogram. So after she did her measurments of the baby's spine, she took a look...she showed us the "indicator" that they look for at this point and said if it points straight it is GIRL, if it tilts up at an angle, it is BOY. She said she felt pretty confident telling me that she thinks it is a GIRL. I am a little shocked, I guess because boy is all I know! I truly didn't care it we were having a boy or girl, I saw pros and cons to each and just wanted a healthy baby. Although I have had 2 dreams that we had a baby girl, and I had no dreams either way with Drew. We were told not to go buying anything pink yet but we are feeling pretty confident that we are having a daughter. Doesn't it just figure that our boy name was 100% picked out and now I am waivering on the girl name! Here are a couple pictures of our baby girl!
A 3D look at this skinny baby girl at 12 weeks

her hands were in front of her face (like Drew) in every picture
WOW! I can't believe they can tell so early! How exciting!! Can't wait to know her name! And how fun to do a girls room after already doing a boy room!
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable pictures. Can't wait to start buying for our "little girl".
ReplyDelete