Today was our annual trip to the Northpark mall to see Santa. I knew at 3 years old, it was pretty much a certainty that Camden would *NOT* be too happy about sitting on the big guys' lap. I was hoping that at 5 years old, Drew was not only not going to be afraid of Santa this year, but that he was actually excited to bring him his list and sit on his lap. Both came true (see above photo).
It's a tradition in our family to see Santa each year. Sit on his lap. Give him our Christmas lists that we have already made. Drew at 3 years of age just would.not sit on Santa's lap and was too afraid and I obviously didn't make him. Poor Camden at 3 was just happy in my arms so I sorta quickly threw her on his lap and dashed out of the photo. I didn't leave her on his lap for more than 10 seconds but look at her screaming!
While also at the mall, we all got pizza for lunch and we grabbed a pretzel on the way out. These two things combined with the fact that Drew got a new die cast car from the disney store made this trip pretty fun for him. THEN on the way out of the mall, Drew waved to a Dallas police officer driving by. The same officer looped around and found us walking in the parking garage and came to give the kids Dallas Police badge stickers and coupons for free slurpees at 7-11. He told us that any boys/girls that wave to him deserve a little something special. Made.Drew's.Day!
Then this evening we got into our new Christmas jammies and listened to Christmas music while we decorated our tree this year.
all around great day! "super fun day" according to Drew!
No comments:
Post a Comment