I am proud to say that I am starting to convert to some "green" cleaners to clean our home with. Yes Yes, I have also started to use a housecleaner and they do not use green products. We are only having the cleaners once a month. That way the floors, blinds, EVERYTHING gets a super great clean at least that often. I have only had them once, and my house feels amazingly clean! I feel like I can keep up with the weekly vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, dusting, etc. I feel ok that the cleaning girls will use cleaners with chemicals, but since I can smell the cleaners for days after they leave (I was told that a clean house doesn't "smell" clean because you are only smelling the chemicals), I think I should at least be using safe cleaners when I am doing the cleaning myself, for my health and of course for my children's. Thanks to a recent speaker I heard at my MOPS meeting, and the help of my friend Jen, I have found some products to start with. I am not going to overhaul all my cleaners at once, but rather replace the products when I run out with better, safer alternatives. I would like to be able to run to the store to buy my products (rather than get hooked on something that is only available online)but...since it is sorta hard to know where to begin I have decided to go with some Shaklee products to help get me started. Besides, the hassle of trying to find where I can get products and then having to get different ones at different stores might prove to be more frustrating than just going to this website and placing my order from the comfort of my home while sitting in jammies! I purchased a product called Basic-H and the stuff sounds amazing! It is an ALL purpose cleaner. Here is just the START of how you can use Basic-H.
“If it’s safe in water… it’s safe in Basic H”
· Biodegradable
· Non-polluting
· Phosphate-free
· Not a soap
· Non-toxic
· Non-irritating
· Non-flammable
· Biodegradable
· Non-polluting
· Phosphate-free
· Not a soap
· Non-toxic
· Non-irritating
· Non-flammable
General Cleaning – 1 tsp in 1 quart of warm water for walls, woodwork, ceilings, kitchen appliances, furniture, bathroom, and fixtures. Leaves refrigerators odour-free.
Windows, Mirrors, All Glass – 1-2 drops in 16 oz. spray bottle of water. Glass will smear if more than the recommended amount of Basic-H2® is used.
Dishes – 1–2 teaspoons in 1 gallon of water.
Pots and Pans – 1 tablespoon in 1 gallon of water. Let stand to loosen stuck-on particles.
Floors – 1–2 tablespoons in 1 gallon of cool water. Leaves surfaces shiny.
Kitchen Floors – 1/2 teaspoon in 1 quart of warm water to clean without polishing. To remove wax buildup, use Basic-I® Concentrated Industrial Cleaner.
Microfiber mopping – Use the All-purpose spray ¼ tsp. in 16 oz. Sprits floors and wipe with microfiber mop.
Dusting –All Purpose Spray ¼ tsp in 16 oz. spray bottle
Windows, Mirrors, All Glass – 1-2 drops in 16 oz. spray bottle of water. Glass will smear if more than the recommended amount of Basic-H2® is used.
Dishes – 1–2 teaspoons in 1 gallon of water.
Pots and Pans – 1 tablespoon in 1 gallon of water. Let stand to loosen stuck-on particles.
Floors – 1–2 tablespoons in 1 gallon of cool water. Leaves surfaces shiny.
Kitchen Floors – 1/2 teaspoon in 1 quart of warm water to clean without polishing. To remove wax buildup, use Basic-I® Concentrated Industrial Cleaner.
Microfiber mopping – Use the All-purpose spray ¼ tsp. in 16 oz. Sprits floors and wipe with microfiber mop.
Dusting –All Purpose Spray ¼ tsp in 16 oz. spray bottle
I also ordered the disinfectant wipes and the bottles to mix the Basic H in.
Women who clean their own homes were something like 54% more at risk for developing cancer due to all the harmful chemicals found in our products. There were something like 83,000 new chemicals in the USA last year and only a couple hundred were testing by the FDA...scary if you ask me!

No comments:
Post a Comment